Translate

God Consciousness, Chapter 20: FEAR!


Chapter 20: FEAR! 

Fear can get your ear. Ha!  
I could not resist, could I? 
Well, that is a bit of an inside joke between me and you and the other you who is reading this part of this book, and you know who you are, at least as far as the joke thing is concerned. 

This might be the only time in this whole book where I indulge in doing something like this, so I hope YOU are smiling knowingly! And you know who you are, don’t you? 


Enough of that (this!)! 

Fear has your ear and you get scared. 

I will share an intimate truth: There is a human I know who gets scared when certain types of dogs come up to him.  He feels a flow of fear. He is intimidated by the dog(s). 


He doesn’t know if they are going to take a bite out of him, and he doesn’t like the fact that the dogs can bite him on the level of height they are at in relationship to certain parts of his body. And he has this feeling that the dog(s) can sense this trepidation in him and that they therefore take or might take further liberties with him. 

He doesn’t like the feeling that they might jump on him and put their paws on him, maybe scratch him with their claws. He doesn’t like the way they just feel free to come around him and sniff at his body. 


He feels vulnerable and exposed. Who knows, they might take a bite out of a particularly sensitive part of his body. 


He feels fear. And there are other times that he feels fear, too. Sometimes when he thinks about his future and how he is going to get by, well, he feels uneasy. 


He thinks that there won’t be enough money for this or for that.


Find free courses at: http://www.thegodconsciousnessproject.com 

He wonders how his old-age is going to go, whether he will have enough money to get by. 


He has some health concerns and wonders how he will make enough money to pay his way and take care of himself, let alone meet his family obligations.  So he feels scared.  


He feels fear. 


In his life he has felt fear. Sometimes he has been threatened with physical violence. He felt fear. 


He has been caught doing activities that were wrong, or he worried about getting caught, and he felt fear. 

Maybe you have felt fear? 

Have you felt fear? 
Ever? 

Most of you have felt fear at sometime or other, haven’t you? Yes, you have. 


And fear is important: It can be a strong and powerful guidance to keep you from making a mistake. Fear can also keep you paralyzed into NOT doing what you need to do. 

PART ONE, Chapter 20
This really is PART ONE

Fear can be considered a double-edged sword.  

Think of fear as a component of doubt, or think of doubt as a component of fear:  Doubt is a double-edged sword. 


When the man comes and tells you he has a gold-mine in his back yard that he is going to sell you at an unbelievable price, and he seems a little too shifty and weird, and you are getting those strong doubting vibes, well maybe that is the useful form of doubt:  The sort of doubt that keeps you from blowing your money and being taken advantage of. Doubt can help you sort through the lies and deceit.  


But doubt can also keep you from the truth, too. So too fear, and so to fear. There is the fear that keeps you from doing something really stupid and harmful, and there is the fear that keeps you locked up as your own prisoner, or someone else’s prisoner. 


Doubt can make you fearful and fear can make you doubtful. I can use fear to make you make decisions. People can use fear to make you do things, too. Here is an example:  The gun to the head syndrome.    


Find free books at: http://www.thegodconsciousnessproject.com 


The threat of imminent death will motivate you to do what you would normally NOT do, like hand over your wallet or pay your taxes. 

Fear will get you to lock your door at night.  

Fear will get you to tell your children to beware of strangers.  
Fear will get you to distrust those 'foreigners.' 

Put another way, fear gets your ear and doesn’t let go (easily). Fear can rule your life and keep you very, very small-minded.  Fear will keep you from the truth. 


Fear can make you EXTREMELY lazy, and being lazy can come from fear, too. 


When you feel fear, it is important to use me as a self-referral process and really check it out, and get to the bottom of your fear. So you need a specific technique to deal with fear when fear comes up in the moment.  


Let us use the example of the dog(s) ‘cuz it is relevant. Let’s say some dog(s) come up to you and they are big enough to make you feel uncomfortable and they are not on leashes.  You know they can sense your discomfort. So what do you do? 


Begin the technique of saying, over and over, ‘I love you.' 

Say it in your own mind. 
Remember, you are not directing this thought-construct to the dog(s).   

You are directing it to me. 

Even if you don’t feel like you love me or that I even exist (which I do not, by the way), keep on saying, ‘I love you’ in the privacy of your own mind, in your own thinking, in your own thoughts. 

What this does is it helps to keep the mental noise down. It helps to keep your thought noise focused in a different direction. It helps to change your mind’s activity. It helps return your identity to more of me and less to worrying about dog(s). 


Another activity that will help you deal with dogs is to learn more about dogs. This is called learning more about what it is you fear. Check out facts, not fancy. Get the back story behind dogs.  Learn about how dogs communicate. 


What we don’t know much about can make us quite uncertain, even fearful.  Of course, it is possible that you will amplify your fears by getting to know more 


Find free resources at: http://www.thegodconsciousnessproject.com 


about something. Fear can colour what you learn about something. Fear can make you see what you want to see so that you don’t have to change. It can keep you locked in to a viewpoint and set of opinions that you believe in or are comfortable with. 


It takes less energy to stay stupid and ignorant than it does to get open and learning.  

But that is what I want you to get doing. 
I want you to learn more about everything. 
I want you to take action on the stuff that you are NOT taking action on because of  being too busy or too this or too that.  
It is time for you to take charge of YOUR life and make things happen that you are really wanting and needing to have happen.  
And let me include stuff that you have been putting off.

And sometimes fear is a good motivator for change. 

Fear of starving might get you to take proper care of your food situation. 
Fear of getting lung cancer may get you to stop doing something really, really stupid like smoking tobacco. 

But you know that motivation from a negative state can only take you so far. Let us consider the opposite of fear.  


What is the opposite of fear? 
The polar opposite. 
The black and white opposite. 

Here is-are some examples: You come up to a swimming hole that you just checked out, plus you have been there earlier in the day, and the day before, and you’ve been coming there for years, and you dive in this time because you KNOW that it is safe. 


You get in your car and you know it is safe to turn on the engine because you have done it before and nothing bad happened.  So you turn on the engine. 


You go to sleep at night without worrying that you will not wake up because you have always woken up, eventually.  You are not experiencing fear that you will not wake up. 


Not unless you have some specific reason based on a certain level of perceived risk will you experience fear.  


So what is the opposite of fear?  


The best way to describe this is the absence of fear.  

Some words have a good and clear opposite: Cold---Hot, Black---White, Love---Hate, Rich---Poor, Fear---Not-fear.

Find free audios at: http://www.thegodconsciousnessproject.com 


What I am suggesting to you is that it is better to make your decisions and your actions based on a positive orientation, not a fear-based orientation. 


I want you to think about what you want, not what you don’t want.  

Do you see what I mean? 
Ask me for what you do want.

If it is about dogs, ask me in a way that gets at what you do want. 


Here is an example: ‘God, please help me get along really well with dogs.' 


‘God, let me be very easy and at peace with dogs.' 


‘God, when I am near dogs, let me be in control of the situation so that the dogs do what makes me feel easy and peaceful.' 


You may wonder about ‘…Being in control of the situation…’ and, ‘…so that the dogs do what makes me feel…’ but you will come to understand that it is important to ask for what YOU want, NOT what the dogs want. 


If you keep the fear stuff out of your wanting and focus on the stuff that makes you feel good and happy and feeling at peace and so on, well, that is a good start.


Here is an example that is fear-based: ‘God, please keep all dogs away from me so that I feel safe and secure and not threatened.’ 

You may be asking me for help with dogs BECAUSE you have some fear around dogs, but you build your asking around the positive aspect, NOT the negative. 

Doing this helps to sculpt the thought-flow and keeps you out of the fear-game. Plus you get a chance to deconstruct the monopoly that fear has on whatever it is that you are fearing. ‘Cuz once fear is in the mix, well, it is going to be influencing you and the outcomes of your thinking and feeling. 


I don’t want you to suppress your fear. 

I don’t want you to disregard your fear(s). 
I don’t want you to live a state of denial of your fear(s).  

This is what I want you to do: When you become aware that you are having some fear, I want you to know that something important is happening to you. You need to pay attention to what it is you are wanting, NOT what you are NOT wanting.



Get THE training manual: http://www.thegodconsciousnessproject.com


And you need to come to me for help. 

You need to bring your feeling(s) to me. 
You can confess to me what it is you are feeling.  ‘God, I am feeling scared.’ 

You do not have to name it or explain why you are scared or try to rationalize to me about being scared. 

Then you ask me for help:  ‘Please help me, god.’ 
And I will help you. 
Learn to listen to me. 
I will come into your mind and sooth the thinking.  

I will tell you something that you need to hear.   

Let me speak to you.  
I will help you if you ask me to. 
I know this sounds too simple, too easy.  
But this is the nature of our relationship.  
You ask me for help and I help you. 
And fear is a really, really good feeling to get some help with. 

When you get fear gone then you can move on with what it is that you are really wanting to do, really needing to get done. 


Maybe I will help you in very direct ways. Maybe they will not be so noticeable. I might give you some opportunity for a change that is much needed, much wanted.  


When these opportunities come to you, act on them. 


The more you move to take action and move past your fears the easier it gets. And other fears become easier to move past.  


Some fears will just disappear, poof! 

Gone! 
Like they were never there in the first place; Ever had this experience?  ‘I don’t know what I was so scared of!’ OR ‘I don’t know why I was so scared of doing that!’ 

Or you might have had this experience: ‘Now I know why I was so scared.’ 


Fear can keep us prisoners and it can also keep us safe.  

So you can also end up being a safe prisoner.    
Sure, you can end up getting hurt, even seriously injured, even dead. 
You can end up losing money, maybe even losing everything, and maybe you will never recover financially.

But if you get me involved and follow my advice, you will move past your fears and get where you are really wanting and needing to be.


Find free courses at: http://www.thegodconsciousnessproject.com 


It depends on what you do and how you do it. 

Fear is something not to fear. 
It has important information locked up inside it:  Fear can make you rich, it can make you health, it can bring you true-love, it can make you happy, it can bring you me. 

It depends on how you focus your awareness:  When you notice fear, that is the time to go into the fear, not away from the fear.  


It is the time to discover what is the power-structure of the fear:  Where is the fear coming from? 


Ask me, ‘God, why am I afraid?’ and or, ‘God, where is this fear coming from?’ and then listen to my answer.


Ask me what to do about this fear: ‘God, what do you want me to do about what I fearing?’ and listen to my answer. 


Remember, being afraid can get to be a habit.  

You can get addicted to fear.  
You can get addicted to making other people fearful.  
Being a fear monger can give you a false sense of power. 
Making other people fear you and or fear something else can give you a sense of power and control. 
When people fear you, you can make them do all sorts of things that they would otherwise NOT do. 
Fear is a sick version of the motivation deal.  
Fear makes your bodies chemistry go crazy.  

It will make you do things you would never, ever normally do. Being scared will tense you up and make you freeze-up, it will put you in a state where you cannot make a good decision.  

It will make you panic.  
It will lead you from bad to worse. 

But inside the fear is great power. It is the power of insight.  And if you can travel into your fear you will discover great answers to questions you did not know you even had. 


Here is one of those questions: ‘God, why am I afraid?’ 


You can add whatever it is that you are thinking and feeling that you are afraid of, like dogs. 


You might be afraid of dogs because you think they are going to bite you and you won’t be able to stop them from biting you. And you are afraid of being bitten by the dog because it will hurt, and you might get an infection, and it will hurt, a lot. And you might be afraid of getting bitten by a dog because you have already been bitten by a dog.  


Or you have seen a dog bite someone.  

Or a dog has acted like it was going to bite you. 
Fear is a motivator to think and feel in a certain way.  

Often I am portrayed as someone to be afraid of.  I am used to strike fear into the hearts of sinners and or potential sinners. 


CRAZY good articles: http://www.thegodconsciousnessproject.com 


You can be very afraid of thunder and lightning.  

You can be afraid of losing your job.  
You can be scared of your spouse’s disapproval.  
You can be fearful about slipping and falling and hurting your self. 

There is legitimate fear.  

There is fear that you cannot help but have.  
There is fear that transcends common sense. 

People sometimes might say to you, ‘You don’t have to be afraid of such and such or so and so, he it she wouldn’t hurt a fly.'  


Fear is the great immobilizer.  If you could make a fear gun, you could make a fortune selling it to the military.  If you can make people fear you, you can have power over them. Power and fear often are intimately related. 


But did you know there can come a time when even fear will not stop you from doing something? 

Did you know it is possible for you to go forward even though you know you are going to die? 

Sometimes there is a fear that is even greater than the fear you are facing. You can fear fear. There can be that moment when you are scared of being afraid: When you have had it with being scared.    


You’ve had enough of being afraid of something or someone and at last you get unstuck and you react.  You act out  of fear.  You act out  of fear of being afraid. 


What you need is that calm reassurance that you are going to die, anyway.  So what does it matter if you are afraid?  You might as well die trying.  And death isn’t exactly something to be afraid of. 


Perhaps you are scared of the pain that might accompany your death.  

Maybe you are hesitating because you are afraid that you might end up in a wheel chair.  

Or end up a drooling spastic:  Worse than dead. 

So what is your greatest fear?  Do you even know if you have one? 

What is it? 
Being tortured? 
Being abandoned? 
Being left for dead? 
Being betrayed? 

How about discovering that there is no god (which there is not) and that all your belief systems are wrong? 


How about discovering that it doesn’t matter what you do, there is no meaning to your life? How about discovering that Jesus Christ really is the Son of God? And all that fundamentalist, Christian mumbo-jumbo is true, and the world really is only six or seven thousand years old?


Find free courses at: http://www.thegodconsciousnessproject.com  


How about that? 


What is your greatest fear?

Ending up broke? 
Nobody loves you?   
Nobody even likes you? 
Having to do more dirty dishes? Being bored? 
Being alone and lonely? Nobody really cares about you? 

What fear can do for you is to help you highlight what needs to be done, now. 


Fear can isolate the parts of you that you need to pay attention to. Fear can change the way you are and what you will do next. 


Too much fear can kill you. It can turn you into a very sick person.  Fear can make you sick, and being sick can make you feel very scared, too. 


So you know there are things that make fear larger, that increase fear.  That one fear can lead to the next fear.  

There is a kind of fear that feeds on itself:  A self- perpetuating sort of fear. 

Fear can be triggered, too.  It can come into you from an event or stimulation that is not really real: A horn can honk and set you off. You can over-react and cause further problems. 


A certain gesture can make you afraid. That is why I want you to use fear to understand why you are afraid and then begin to point your awareness in the direction that is what you really want and need. I want you to ask me for help, too. 


Look to fear as a golden opportunity:  To express what you DO want and to move away from what you do NOT want, and to learn what it is I want for you. Perhaps this will be one of your fears:  The fear of me, of my influence in, of, and over your life.  


Perhaps it will be the fear of me telling you what to do.  

Or the fear that what I want for you is not what you really want for your self. 

Well, before we get into that, here is a real poser for you to consider:  What about my fears?  

Do I have fear?  
Do I even know what fear is?  
What can god possibly fear?  The Devil?  
Do I fear demons? 

This is what I fear:  And I have no answer to this.  


Let’s put it this way, I have yet to fear.  


And let’s put this yet another way:  I am fear. 

Let’s put this yet another way:  I understand fear.  
I can empathize with my creation, with the parts of my creation that experience emotion.  

I can feel the feelings of every part of my creation. I can feel the feelings of the physical, manifested parts of my creation, AND I can feel the feelings of the non-physical, unmanifested parts of my creation.


Find new friends at: http://www.thegodconsciousnessproject.com  


I can feel the feelings of every bit of every little bit, right down to the tiniest bit of bits.  I can certainly feel the feelings of all creatures that have been, that are, and that will be. 

Contemplate that for a moment or two, will you?    

I know your fears and tears.  I know your ecstasy.  

I know your innermost and secret longings.  
All of it, I know. 
Every angry thought that has been thought, is being thought, and will be thought…I know all of it.  

And mentioning anger brings me to my conclusion of this chapter on fear. Fear and anger are closely related.  

Often one triggers the other. 
Let both be a way to come closer to understanding what it is you are really wanting, and in this way, let both be a way into what it is I am wanting for you. 

When you experience the fear-anger combination reaction, it is a good time to tune into me and get my guidance working in your consciousness so that you can avoid the suffering that is yet to come. 


The more you practice coming to me when you become aware that you are being aroused by the fear-anger combination reaction, the sooner you can switch to getting guidance out of the trap of the fear-anger wham-a-dang-dingdong. So what comes out of all this is our next chapter which is on the subject of trust.


The End of Chapter 20

from the book, "God Consciousness."
Written by GOD.
Get YOUR FREE copy of the complete training manual, written directly by God.
===> GOD CONSCIOUSNESS <===

No comments:

Post a Comment