Translate

SELF-DISCIPLINE: WHO IS PULLING YOUR STRINGS?

 

This is an excerpt of Chapter 15
from the book God Consciousness.

Self-discipline means that you become a disciple of your self.
As you know by now, if you have read this far, you know that
my view is that your self is me. So what I am saying (or writing,
or righting) is that you need to become a disciple of me,
of your self.

My assertion is that when you focus on fulfilling the mandate of the self you are exercising self-discipline.

To let me help you means that you help your self. Self-discipline means that you will put aside distractions so that you can get whatever needs doing done.
It is not enough to want to do something. You actually have
to do the bits and pieces that make up the whole of what it is
you want to do.

Watch this Video

To do what I want you to do, which is the same thing as saying what you want to do for your self, you have to actually DO: Even if that is to do nothing. To do that, you have to NOT do, which is actually doing something.

To get something done, you need to stop focusing on that
which does not get you done with the doing of what needs to
be done to get something done that needs doing. You need to
understand and resist the distractions that steal your life away
from you.

You can even seem to be very BUSY and tied up in the pursuit of activity. And sometimes a lot needs to get done. Just the way it is, sometimes.

But there is a trap to being busy for just the sake of being busy. You can make a lot of something for nothing. Being busy can be a distraction from being a disciple of your self.

Watch this Video


Self-discipline means that you focus on what needs to be done when it needs to be done: Being a disciple of your self means that you are acting in concert with me. You are letting me live your life for you. You are letting me tell you what needs to be done and how to do it and when to do it and so on.

When you ask me to help you and then let me help you, you are getting into the true, deep burn of being a disciple of your self. You are being self -disciplined when you can NOT get distracted by the distractions that pull you away from the actions I am telling you to do.

This even has to do with the kind of thoughts that you let your self think. From a fundamental level of what you focus on in your mind.

Self-discipline allows you to develop the power of what you dwell on in your own mind. It helps you to remove the distractions that get in the way of experiencing me in your own mind.

Click here to read the full chapter 15











No comments:

Post a Comment